Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am on the bike

So, I have been running a lot. Let me clarify that...A lot for me. For two weeks in a row I hit 4-5 times a week and each run was either 4.5 or 6 miles. Feeling good. I was even able to sneak in a run when I recently went to Atlanta to visit a friend. It was great! I am breathing better, my pace is better and I feel great after the runs. Ahhh yes, this is what I remember about running. I also remember how addicting it is. I remember this because I have recently had to divert myself from running in order to train for a 51 mile bike trip. I had to hang up my running shoes and hop on my bike. I thought this was going to be a piece of cake, I mean, I am strong, I can run, right?? NOPE. WOW, totally different muscles. Oh yea.

I started by riding the stationary bike the other day at the gym. I did OK, kept on the bike for an hour. Did about 15 miles. Then my husband and I went out on THE ROAD, yea, that is where the cars also ride. We rode about 20 miles, all in the street and this was my first street experience. I was pretty proud of myself. Then it was back to the gym for some strength training and then the other day I went out there by myself on a quest for endurance and found it in a 30 mile bike ride. That is right, 30 miles...that is a lot for me. I was so excited, I couldn't believe it! ME...30 miles...wow. And, then I was really, really, really, really tired.

So, I have another long ride this weekend and I plan to wake up early and ride in the morning. (hopefully)

I was beginning to see some results with my body from running, but I am going to see new results from biking and a lot of surprises, like trying something new and believing in myself.

I will return to running on May 19th.

No comments: