Sunday, May 25, 2008

I did it! I did it!!

...And, I can't believe it has taken me so long to write about it! Last weekend I rode my bike 51 miles in the Zoo-De-Mack Bike Bash! Yep, 51 miles from Harbor Springs, MI to Mackinac Island, MI. It was fantastic! I felt great and kept a decent pace (along with my husband). We had to rest a little afterwards, but we recuperated nicely and were even able to enjoy a bit of a night on the town. I can't wait to get into road biking now. I love it and now that I have gotten a taste of what real speed is like, I think I may start doing this on a regular basis. Thanks Jeff!!!

On to this weekend. I competed in a 5K in Saint Clair Shores today. It is a race before the Memorial Day parade. I finished, OK...about 27 minutes. I know I can do better! I have been a bit sick and my breathing was off, but I had the best cheerleaders a woman can ask for! My sons, Max and Ben and my husband Jeff. They even rode along side me on their bikes (tag-along bikes). My son Max kept saying, "You have to speed up mom, that guy is beating you..." it was awesome!

I am having the time of my life, keeping fit and starting to see some results in the way of my body and weight, which are encouraging me to press on!!!

No comments: